What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use, floating toolbar (image shown below). You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
• Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice
(Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
• Reads secure web pages
• Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
• Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
• Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
• Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
• Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
• Converts text to MP3
• Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
BrowseAloud is the world leading text-to-speech solution from Texthelp Systems Ltd which is designed to improve website accessibility for those with literacy difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments or where English is a second language. With a choice of 17 high quality voices covering 9 international languages and a number of unique features, BrowseAloud is quickly being adopted worldwide.
Texthelp Systems Ltd was formally incorporated in 1996 and specialise in the design of assistive software solutions to support those struggling to read and write. The company is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, an Adobe Solutions Network Developer, an Apple Business Partner, an HP Business Partner and is ISO 9001:2008 accredited. For the past ten consecutive years, Texthelp Systems Ltd has been a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 award winning company.