Call us: Call us 0800 408 0000 / 0300 555 0121



Home Contents Insurance

Many people believe that the council automatically insures the contents of their home. This is not the case. It is your responsibility to make sure you have insurance for the contents in your property.

The council’s insurance does not cover your own belongings (such as furniture, carpets, curtains and personal items). It does not cover the internal decoration of your home if it is damaged by fire, flood etc.

We strongly recommend that you take out home contents insurance as we cannot help you if your personal items are damaged.

We can make it easy for you to insure your belongings under a special household contents insurance scheme.  The insurance is arranged with Aviva, and is available to tenants and leaseholders of CBC and CBH.

The cost of insurance is payable weekly and premiums can be paid at one of the Council cash halls when you pay your rent.

To find out more, contact us FREEPHONE 0800 408 0000 and ask for the Finance Team.