Cheltenham Borough Homes provides a wide range of services to our customers and to do this we need to make use of personal information.
We ensure that any personal data we use is treated in a responsible way and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). We must also provide you with access to your personal information should you wish to see it.
Under the DPA, we comply with 8 principles of good practice. Personal information must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Processed for limited purposes and not used in a way that’s incompatible with the reason it was given to us
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up-to-date
- Not kept for longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with your rights under the DPA
- Not transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
More information about the DPA can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website
Click on the links below to find out more about how we use your information and how you can access it:
Data Protection registration
How we use your personal information
How to access your personal information