Independent Living Schemes
We have nine sheltered housing schemes across Cheltenham, and a total of 511 properties. These schemes are supported by our team of dedicated housing support officers who are on hand to provide advice and guidance to help people remain independent in their home.
There are variations between the sheltered housing schemes, but mostly they provide the following features:
- Self-contained flat, studio or bungalow with its own bathroom and fitted kitchen
- Communal facilities such as laundry rooms, communal lounge, communal kitchens, communal gardens and guest room
- Security doors and safety features
- 24 hour emergency alarm system
- Social activities at our older people community hub